Excelsior Jones, Ashfield

house-cured salmon hash ($16)




















Good Food Guide, Best Weekend, Urbanspoon, Twitter, blogs.. It's everywhere and definitely the talk of the town! It's Excelsior Jones! Opened in what used to be an old convenience store in Ashfield, it is owned by Anthony and James who use to run Le Monde in Surry Hills. Their café in Ashfield is definitely worth going - I loved their food, coffee, the atmosphere and especially their aprons and the green they used!

I went down there on the Sunday morning just before uni started. Yeeeep, after four long months of holidays, I've just started my first year at uni! Can't believe where all the time went :s and I've just finished my first week of uni and I made it through! Yay :)

eggs benedict ($14)


















Back to Excelsior Jones, I went again last Sunday (yep, for the last two sundays - shows how much I love the salmon hash!). The first time, we had the eggs benedict (with smoky black forest gypsy ham), house-cured salmon hash (with buckwheat topped with a poached egg and fresh herbs), ice coffee and a latte (from their own custom blend of Five Senses coffee). The salmon hash is to die for although I think on my next visit, I should try the pork hash. 

The second time, mum came along and the salmon hash was a must for her to try and me to eat more of :D We also tried the bacon and egg sandwich ($10) (with capsicum relish, rocket and aioli) and sautéed field mushrooms on toast ($14).  





I'll be back there for more hash, but for next week it'll be somewhere different. :) 

E

Excelsior Jones
139A Queen Street, Ashfield 2131

Excelsior Jones on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. oh man im dying to try the salmon hash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eileen,

    Your first posts just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/70/1724999/restaurant/Sydney/Canterbury/Excelsior-Jones-Ashfield

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/70/10812/Sydney/soft-and-stiff-peaks.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete