Orto Trading Co., Surry Hills



Grabbing something to eat before uni meant that we were most likely going to Surry Hills (seeing that it's only a couple of minutes from uni and we'll get more time to eat!) and so we arrived at Orto Trading Co.


The decor was very simple and fresh and it was quite spacious with lots of brightness. The glass bottles filled with fresh sunflowers on each table were really cute! I really liked the setting - with all the sunlight, the exposed wall, pot plants and white interior, it's such a lovely place for brunch!

Pineapple, passion fruit, apple and lime
Orange, apple and strawberry
We started off with some freshly squeezed juices ($6.50 each) - the sister had an orange, apple and strawberry juice and I had the pineapple, passionfruit, apple and lime. Recently I'm having this pineapple juice phase - fresh pineapple juice combined with different fruits and my favourite so far is with some mint and lime + lots of ice (yep, I have a glass of it sitting right next to me now hehe).

Scrambled eggs with toast and oven roasted tomatoes
I had the scrambled eggs with toast and oven roasted tomatoes ($15.50) - the eggs were light and fluffy and delicious with some roasted cherry tomatoes on the vine.

Potato hash with berkshire gypsy ham, fresh tomato, avocado, lemon dressed rocket, asparagus and a poached egg

The sister had the potato hash with Berkshire gypsy ham, fresh tomato, avocado, lemon dressed rocket, asparagus and a poached egg ($16). It looked really good and it was just a stack of deliciousness - runny egg yolk, crispy potato hash, fresh tomato and a big pile of rocket on the bottom! Everything was so nice together.  





Unfortunately we couldn't finish both dishes which was really a shame - we should of just gotten one dish and went for something sweet! And plus I already know what I would of gotten - the bread and butter pudding with poached rhubarb and lavender ice cream. It sounds delicious - must come back for it!

Happy Friday!

Eileen

Orto Trading Co.
38 - 55 Waterloo Street
Surry Hills 
http://www.ortotradingco.com.au

Orto Trading Co. on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I love the whole bright and fresh vibe of the place! I walked past it when I had Ho Mei next door the other day and am now even more convinced I should go there to try it! Amazing photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, it's really nice! :) I've never been to Ho Mei, will probably check it out next time I'm around there. Thanks! :)

      Delete